Micro blading is a semi-permanent makeup solution for anyone suffering from thinning, faint, gappy or over-plucked brows.
- First, you and your therapist discuss what shape eyebrows you want and pencil this shape on your eyebrow.
- Then any excess hair outside this shape is removed.
- Then, using tiny needles, the pigment is inserted into the upper layers of the skin in strokes that resemble hair follicles.
- Once both brows are finished, the excess pigment is wiped away.
If your brows have seen better days, consider letting the experienced micro blading therapists bring your eyebrows back to life.
A microblade tool looks similar to an exacto knife, but instead of there being one big blade, there is a series of micro needles. The microblade is dipped into a selected colour of pigment and then used to make a fine cut, or microstroke, in the skin.
This process results in the pigment being implanted into the skin, which is known as micropigmentation. With the proper technique, microbladed eyebrow results look beautiful and completely natural.
The best possible healed results require strict adherence to the microblading aftercare instructions, and understanding the microblading healing process.
The pigment being implanted to the correct depth, combined with its iron oxide base is what gives microblading results the appearance of natural looking eyebrows. The semi-permanent qualities of the microblading pigment prevent it from fading into unnatural shades that are so common with permanent cosmetics.
SUGGESTIONS / REQUIREMENTS BEFORE EYEBROW MICROBLADING:
– No Botox treatments should be done 3 weeks prior or 4 weeks after procedure
– No chemical peels 60 days before or after procedure (brows will peel quicker due to chemicals traveling under the skin)
– No Retinols / Retin-A or other anti-aging/acne creams, or serums containing acids as these will fade brows prematurely
– Do not work out or sweat heavily the day of the procedure (Or 2 weeks after)
– Do not tan or have a sunburned face the day of the procedure
– Do not take aspirin, niacin, vitamin E, or ibuprofen 48 hours before procedure
– No waxing or tinting 3 days before procedure
– No alcohol or caffeine 24 hrs before procedure
MICROBLADING IS NOT RECOMMENDED FOR ANYONE WHO IS OR HAS THE FOLLOWING:
– Under age 18
– Skin irritations (sunburn, rash, eczema, shingles, acne) or psoriasis near the treated area
– Had Botox within 3 weeks from scheduled appointment
– Used Accutane in the past year
– Sick with cold, flu, or sinus/respiratory infection (please reschedule your appointment and stay home to recover)
– Skin irritations including: sunburn, rash, eczema, shingles, acne, or psoriasis near the treated area
– Pregnant or nursing– Epilepsy
– Undergoing chemo
– Prone to keloid scarring
– Pacemaker or major heart problems
– Had an organ transplant
– Viral infections and or diseases
– Transmittable blood disease, HIV or Hepatitis
We recommend that a touch up is performed 12-18 months after your initial appointment to keep the color looking vibrant and the microblade strokes looking crisp. Skin cells turn over more frequently on oilier skin types causing the color to fade quicker than drier skin types. For oilier skin types, more frequent touch ups may be required which are not included in the original price